Welcome to this weeks edition of WWW + FFF! This week, the kids and I have decided to watch elephants. I love elephants! They are beautiful, sensitive creatures, truly majestic. So, how about we decompress from the ugliness that’s been in such abundance lately, and watch these lovely creatures after learning a few new things about them.
- An elephant can hear another elephant’s call from 5 miles away!
- You know how you’ve seen elephants throwing dirt and mud on themselves? That’s their sunblock! They can get sunburned, too.
- When Lawrence Anthony, known as the “Elephant Whisperer”, passed away, an entire herd of elephants mourned him after showing up to his home.
- The reason an elephant’s trunk is so strong and flexible is because of the large amount of muscle and tendons in it. Estimated to be around 100,000!
- Studies have shown that, in 3D spaces, elephants are superior to us at keeping track of multiple objects.