Okay you guys. It took me a lot longer to get this post started because I was hypnotized by the video. This may be THE most relaxing thing I have ever watched in my life, outside of when my kiddos were babies and sleeping so sweetly. Those kids are now hoodlums who don’t get why I find this video so beautiful and soothing. I am so in love with this! With no further ado, here are your Five Fun Facts about Jellyfish:
1. Some jellyfish are immortal. When the Turritopsis nutricula is under a lot of stress, it is actually capable of regressing back into its polyp stage!
2. There are some species of jellyfish that can glow in the dark.
3. Jellyfish first emerged 650 MILLION years ago, and are found in every single ocean on earth. Some are even in fresh water.
4. As jellyfish are not actually fish, some aquariums have popularized the term “jellies”, instead.
5. A group of jellies is known as a Bloom.
And now, for the main event! I sincerely hope you all enjoy this video and are as relaxed as I was by it, it’s my new favorite thing right now!y
This video is brought to you by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. You can look them up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Periscope.